How do I select the right control cable? Selection table for control cables
The selection of the right control cable depends on the conditions of use of the cable. There are a number of features and criteria that must be taken into account when making the selection. An essential feature is the voltage class. Typically, control cables have a voltage class of 300/500 V. Other voltage classes are also possible. Other voltage classes may also be required, e.g. 450/750 V or 0.6/1 kV.
Important features of a control cable concern the basic structure of the cable such as:
- Shielded or unshielded
- Number of cores and cross-section
- numbered cores or coloured cores
- with or without inner sheath
- Choice of outer sheathgeschirmt oder ungeschirmt
The selection of the right outer jacket is of particular importance.
The following questions must be answered:
- What is the temperature range of the cable?
- What voltage class is required?
- Which standards, approvals or certifications are required?
- Will the control cable be exposed to mechanical loads?
- With which media does the cable come into contact? (oil resistance, chemical resistance)
As a manufacturer of control cables for various applications with more than 75 years of experience, we would like to provide you with the selection guide for control cables as an initial decision-making aid in selecting the optimum control cable for your individual application and field of application.
Detaillierte Daten sowie technische Eigenschaften der SABControl Leitungen finden Sie auf der jeweiligen Produktseite, die Sie mit einem Klick auf die Leitungstype erreichen. Selbstverständlich können Sie sich auch direkt an das SAB-Team wenden.Of course, you can also contact the SAB-Team directly.
If you cannot find the right control cable for your application, we will be happy to help you select the right cable. At the customer's request, we can also design and produce a suitable control cable for you that exactly meets your technical requirements and your individual area of application. In many cases, we can realise this from as little as 300 m.